The Writing Workshops in Edinburgh
Fees and Costs
Program Fees and Costs
Program Fees for The Writing Workshops in Edinburgh 2012 are $3995.00. This cost includes tuition and all fees, as well as housing and meals on class days. Additonally, it includes the cost of all of the films, lectures, readings, and some excursions. It also includes the opening and closing dinners, and travel/health insurance for the dates of the program. It may also include other activities included on the program calendar. Please note that it does NOT include airfare, transportation to and from the airport, or meals (other than those indicated above).
Students who prefer to make their own housing plans and do not wish to live in the dorms can deduct $500 from the Program Fees.
Students wishing to bring a companion for the duration of the program can do so by paying a $700 companion fee and by registering the companion under the Companion option on the registration page. This fee will grant the companion access to the films, readings, and excursions, etc. Additionally, should a companion wish to reside in the dorms during the program, he/she may do so by paying an additional $1000.
The Post-graduate program fees are $1000 for the two week program. Post-graduate participants may make their own housing plans or reside in the dorms for an additional $600 fee.
For more information on alternative housing options, please visit our Housing page.
The payment schedule for ALL STUDENTS, COMPANIONS, AND POST-GRAD PARTICIPANTS is listed below. Should you have any questions regarding this information, please email the assistant to the program coordinator, Robyn White.
1. Unless payments are made on schedule, we cannot guarantee a place in the program.
2. A deposit of $300.00 is required with the application. $150.00 of this deposit are a non-refundable application fee. The remaining $150.00 are refundable until March 1, 2012.
3. The second payment of $500.00 is due on March 1, 2012.
4. After March 1, 2012: Applicants must remit a payment of $800.00 with the application.
5. The balance of program cost, as well as field trip costs and single supplements (if applicable) are due by April 13, 2012.
5. Those applying after April 13 (provided that space is available) must remit entire program cost and housing fees with the application.
Cancellations and Refunds:
1. At any time, non-refundable amounts paid out by the University of New Orleans on your behalf to hotels, etc. will be deducted from any refund.
2. All payments, less a $150 application fee, are fully refundable if a student withdraws from the program voluntarily by March 1, 2012.
3. A cancellation fee of $650.00 will be assessed on refunds requested after March 1 and before April 13, 2012.
4. If a refund is requested after April 13, 2012, and until 30 days before the start of the program, only those monies that can be recovered from vendors by the university will be refunded, less the $650.00 cancellation fee.
5. If a student withdraws from the program within 30 days before commencement of the program, NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE.
6. Cancellations must be made in writing. The effective date of a cancellation shall be the date that such written notice is received by the Program Coordinator at the University of New Orleans.
7. Refund policies apply to all participants regardless of date of application or circumstance.
NOTE: The participant remains ultimately responsible for the payment of all program costs regardless of any circumstances such as but not limited to the deferment of payments against the anticipated arrival of financial aid.
For more information about housing options, or if you have already signed up and wish to select your housing option, please email us.
Request a Program Brochure
Use this form to request a program brochure. You may also use this form to ask questions or for any other form of communication.